“It’s Happening” at The Senior Center of Greater Richmond in November 2017
An Organization with Activities, Opportunities and Travel for Active Adults and Seniors. The Senior Center of Greater Richmond is 58 years old and we are having fun. If you are not familiar with us, we are a Virtual Membership Organization that meets in four different locations providing compelling programs and travel for independent, active adults and seniors 50 and up. Call us about attending a specific program to "Try Us Out" on a day of your choice. Our travel opportunities are open to members and non-members. Indicates Open to the Community. For a complete schedule call 804-353-3171.
- Find out more about the Senior Center of Greater Richmond, "TRY US OUT" Presentation on Fri., Nov. 3rd at 11am, BPCC*(see all locations below) as our guest. Please register to stay for lunch. Next one, Fri. Dec. 1st 11am.
- Sunday, Nov.5th, we will travel to the Thanksgiving Day Festival 1-4pm at Berkley Plantation. We will share rides and plan to arrive and gather at the presentation area between 1 and 1:30pm. Ride share from BPCC.
- Sign Up for a tour of the Glen Allen Cultural Arts Galleries and a Jewelry Workshop on Wed., Nov., 8th from 10:30am-12 noon $12 ea. Self-pay lunch to follow. Ride share from BPCC or meet there.
- All About the GRTC CareVan, Tues. Nov. 14th, 11am, BPCC. Requirements discussed, application forms available.
- Senior Life Planning-Avoiding Mistakes Other Seniors Made, A discussion. Tues., Nov.21st, 11am BPCC.
- Understanding Medicare Changes Fri., Nov. 17th 10:30am by SCC Bureau of Insurance: Plan Comparison Book
- Medicare Changes & Preventing Fraud Thurs., Nov. 2nd 10:30am, FBC* with SMP - Senior Medicare Patrol
- Investment Club: Smart Budgeting for Seasonal Gift Giving - Tues., Nov. 29th, 11 am BPCC
- NEW United Health Care Senior Movie Day presents "Loving" Wed., Nov., 29th 1:30pm BPCC. Open to public.
- The Buffalo Soldiers Legacy with Trooper George Grady, Sr. a Louisa County resident and member of the 9th & 10th Horse Cavalry Association; BPCC, Fri., Dec. 1st at 2pm to learn more about African American military history.
- Healthy Living with Diabetes (A 5 wk. Workshop Series) Thursdays at PPDC from 10:15am-12pm on Nov. 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th & Dec. 14th. Please call to register.
- Diabetes Support will be held Tues., Nov. 14th, 10am, BPCC., Open to the community.
- Conversational Spanish Classes continue on Fri., Nov 3rd and Nov. 10th, ($) BPCC. Spanish Practice on Tuesday & Friday (free) BPCC; Practice with a U of R Spanish mentor from 11am-1pm, Thurs. Nov. 30th, BPCC 1st floor.
- JOIN US! Our Members enjoy exercise classes at each location! 11 Exercise Workshops. Mondays: 8am BPCC Balance & Strength Workout; 10am at *The Arbors (1st & 3rd) Ageless Grace; Tuesdays: 1pm BPCC Ageless Grace; 10:30am PPDC Chair Yoga, 11am Zumba PPDC; Thursdays: 9:15am Line Dancing - Chair Exercise - Aquatics Exercise, Swim RVA in No. Chesterfield; 11:30am Wellness Workout FBC; 10:30 Chair Exercise PPDC; Fridays: 1pm Senior Wellness Workout/WO BPCC. All FREE to members. Chair Yoga is $5 on Mondays at St. Stephens Church.
- NEW Stained Glass Series (Advanced/Beginner) at Visual Arts Center. 6 wk. series will start Fri., Nov., 3rd Register.
- Travel Club - New Zealand Adventures with Laura Foussekis is Thurs. Nov. 16th, 1pm, FBC.
- We have available seats to Tropical Costa Rica - Feb. 5-18, 2018 and The Shades of Ireland - April 7-16, 2017.
We are looking for volunteers to lead activities, help, or inspire us with fundraising or volunteer development. We are a virtual center meeting in partner locations: *The Arbors(ARB), Battery Park Christian Church(BP), Peter Paul Development Center(PPDC), Richmond's First Baptist Church(FBC), SwimRVA, Brookdale Imperial Plaza (BIP) and Visual Arts Center of Richmond(VisArts). If you want to help out or volunteer with us: complete our online Volunteer Interest form or call 804-353-3171.
We could be YOUR Senior Center! Info: SeniorCenterOfGreaterRichmond.org or email us at SeniorCenterRVAgmail.com