It’s Happening at The Senior Center of Greater Richmond in May 2017
It's Happening at The Senior Center of Greater Richmond
(An Organization with Activities and Opportunities for Active Adults and Seniors)
The Senior Center of Greater Richmond is 55 years old and we are having fun. If you are not familiar with us, we have programs at different locations in the Greater Richmond area for Independent, Active Adults and Seniors 50 and up. Here is a just a taste of our programs. Check out a few of our planned travel opportunities open to members and non-members. (Note: *Locations List at bottom.)
For a COMPLETE SCHEDULE, visit SeniorCenterofGreaterRichmond.org or call 804-353-3171
- LAST CALL. Joy of Wellness - Saturday, April 29th. 9:00am - 3:00pm. Free lunch and resources. Information on Aging Feet, Reconstructive Surgery on Hips and Knees, Nutritious Appealing Food and Fun. Lunch, Resources and Drawings. Register on line: https://JoyOfWellness.eventbrite.com by phone: 804-353-3171 or email: SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com (SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com)
- Find out more about the Senior Center of Greater Richmond, "TRY US OUT" on May 5th at 11am at BPCC*(see locations below) as our guest. Please register so you can stay for lunch also.
- Senior Life Planning-May 16th 2pm. Panel discusses Life Donations (Organ, Eye and Body Donations as an option in life planning). Open to the community and our members. BPCC*.
- Open to the Community. The Impact of Change on Older Adults with BSmart Behavioral Health Team from Bon Secours Health System. BPCC* May 2nd at 11am
- Open to the Community. Diabetes Support May 10th 10am; Weight Management May 26th 2pm BPCC.
- Sue Nelson looks at Interesting American Women. In May, we will study Delores Huerta, the brains and organizer behind the United Farm Workers Union movement of the 50's and 60's. 5/11 1pm FBC
- Open to the Community. CARFIT. Be sure you and your car are working together for your safety. This FREE car and driver inspection looks at things you can control on your car for your safety. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY May 23rd 9- 12. BPCC
- Open to the Community. Caregivers Workshops on Alzheimer's & Dementia. FBC 10am May 18th,25th, June 8th
- Investment Club meets with Ann Manelo on May 23rd. A Recession Proofing Plan. BPCC*
- "I'll Be Me" Movie about Glen Campbell's Journey with Alzheimer's May 2nd 2-4pm. BPCC*
- Conversational Spanish Class on May 12th at 2pm ($) and free practice Tues/Fri am. Call BPCC*
- 9 Exercise Workshops most weeks. Mondays: 10am at *Arbors (1st & 3rd); 8am at BPCC 8am. Tuesdays: Ageless Grace 1pm BPCC; PPDC 10:30am. Thursdays: Line Dancing - Chair Exercise - Aquatics Exercise, Wellness Workout 11:30am FBC; Exercise 10:30 PPDC. Fridays: Senior Wellness Workout/WO 1pm. All FREE to members. Chair Yoga is $5 on Mondays at St. Stephens Church.
We are looking for volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to lead activities, help or inspire us. What do you like to do? What to help us with fundraising or volunteer development. Complete our Volunteer Interest form or call us (804-353-3171) today, if you are interested in exploring being a volunteer with the Senior Center of Greater Richmond.
We are a virtual center meeting in partner locations: *The Arbors(ARB), Battery Park Christian Church(BP), Peter Paul Development Center(PPDC), Richmond's First Baptist Church(FBC), SwimRVA, Brookdale Imperial Plaza (BIP) and Visual Arts Center of Richmond(VisArts).
If you want to help out or volunteer with us: Call. 804-353-3171. We could be YOUR Senior Center!
Info: SeniorCenterOfGreaterRichmond.org or email us at SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com (SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com)