It’s Happening at The Senior Center of Greater Richmond – Highlights for June
An Organization with Activities and Opportunities for Active Adults and Seniors
It's Happening at The Senior Center of Greater Richmond - Highlights for June
We are the Senior Center of Greater Richmond, serving Richmond and the surrounding area for over 55 years. We are now a Virtual Membership Organization that meets in five different locations around the city providing compelling programs and travel for independent, active adults and seniors 50 and up. Some of these activities are open to the community. See this symbol below: Call 353-3171 for a complete schedule.
- Coming Soon - A Community Event: Thursday July 20th for SENIOR SAFETY DAY at First Baptist Church on the corner of Boulevard & Monument Ave. at 2709 Monument Ave., 9am - 2:30 pm. Free lunch and resources. Living Safely in Our Homes: Changes That Make Homes Safer - Universal Design - Living without Clutter - Safeguarding Your Identity - Emergency Planning Register phone: 804-353-3171 or email: SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com (SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com). On the web after June 1st https//SeniorSafetyDay.eventbrite.com.
- "TRY US OUT" and find out more about us on June 2nd at 11am at BPCC (see locations below*) as our guest. Please register so you can stay for lunch also. Call us at 353-3171.
- Senior Life Planning June 20th 2pm. "5 Special Wishes for Your Family to Know When Making Decisions." $2 for booklet to take home. BPCC.
- VA Museum of Fine Arts June 14th at 11:30am Lunch$, Yves Saint Laurent Collection $18 ticket and/or Mellon Jewelry Collection. Over 200 beautiful pieces. Call to Register 353-3171.
- "The Impact of Change on Older Adults" Support Group with BSmart Behavioral Health Team from Bon Secours Health System. BPCC June 6th at 11am.
- 9 Exercise Workshops most weeks. Mondays: The Arbors (1st & 3rd) Ageless Grace Chair 10 am; BPCC Workout 8am; Tuesdays: Ageless Grace Chair 1pm BPCC; Yoga 10:30am PPDC; Thursdays: Line Dancing - Chair Exercise - Aquatics Exercise, SWIM RVA in No. Chesterfield; Wellness Workout 11:30am FBC; Chair Exercise 10:30 PPDC. Fridays: Senior Wellness Workout 1pm BPCC: All FREE to members. Chair Yoga is $5 on Mondays 11am St. Stephens Church.
- Diabetes Support June 13th 10am. Hear a Doctor's perspective on diabetes, BPCC.
- Weight Management Support Group June 23th 11pm BPCC.
- "Stroke & Heart Attack Awareness & the Differences," June 27th 2 pm. BPCC.
- Sue Nelson Investigates Interesting American Women. On June 29th, we will delve into the life of Rachael Carson, Author of 'Silent Spring'; and the Mother of Environmental Science, plus first to connect dangers of DDT and health issues. 1pm FBC. Must register at 353-3171
- HEALTHY YOU - "Health Issues that Affect Your Driving" June 28th, BIP, 11 am, Brookdale Imperial Plaza. Must Register at 353-3171.
- "Navigating the Rules of Travel Health" Covering medications, shots, best practices and medical papers you need to have for Domestic or International travel. June 16th 11am BPCC.
- Conversational Spanish Class$ on June 2nd at 2pm ($) and free practice Tues.& Fri. 10 am BPCC.
If you are not a member and would like to try any one of our activities, please contact us at 353-3171.
We are a virtual center meeting in partner locations: *The Arbors(ARB), Battery Park Christian Church(BPCC), Peter Paul Development Center(PPDC), Richmond's First Baptist Church(FBC), SwimRVA, Brookdale Imperial Plaza (BIP) and Visual Arts Center of Richmond(VisArts).