It’s Happening at The Senior Center of Greater Richmond – Highlights for July
We are the Senior Center of Greater Richmond, serving Richmond and the surrounding area for over 55 years. We are a Virtual Membership Organization that meets in four different locations around the city providing compelling programs and travel for independent, active adults and seniors, 50 and up. Most of these activities are open to the community. See this symbol below: Call 353-3171 for a complete schedule and information.
- SENIOR SAFETY DAY Conference Thursday July 20th at First Baptist Church at 2709 Monument Avenue (on the corner of Boulevard & Monument Avenue) 9am - 2:30 pm. Free lunch and resources with Registration. Living Safely in Our Homes - Changes That Make Homes Safer - Universal Design - Living without Clutter - Safeguarding Your Identity - Emergency Planning - Decluttering Register by phone: 804-353-3171 or email: SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com (SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com) or website https//SeniorSafetyDay.eventbrite.com.
- Hampton FISHING TRIP aboard The Ocean Eagle on July 14th, leaving Richmond 10am returning appx. 8pm (a few fishing seats are still available - call 353-3171 right away!)
- "TRY US OUT" as our guest for lunch and find out more about us on July 7th at 11am at BPCC or at The Arbors on July 24th at 11am. Please register by calling 353-3171. (see locations below*)
- "Da Vinci Alive - The Experience" exhibition at the Science Museum of Virginia, $17, July 26th. Meet at 11:30am for self-pay Lunch$ at Sally Bells, 2337 W. Broad St., 23220. Register 353-3171 for group ticket price.
- No. Chesterfield Introduction to the Senior Center at The Virginian, 11am, 300 Twin Bridge Lane, 23235
8 Free Exercise Workshops for Members. Mondays: The Arbors -- Ageless Grace Chair 10am; BPCC Workout 8am; Tuesdays: Ageless Grace 1pm BPCC; Chair Yoga 10:30am PPDC; Thursdays: Line Dancing - Chair Exercise - Aquatics Exercise, SwimRVA in No. Chesterfield; Wellness Workout 11:30am FBC; Chair Exercise or Zumba 10:30am PPDC. Fridays: Senior Wellness Workout 1pm BPCC.
- Additional Exercise $: Chair Yoga is $5 on Mondays 11am St. Stephens Church. Call for info.
- Senior Life Planning July 18th 1:45pm. "Probate Facts: Wills vs. Trusts and Who Needs What" BPCC.
- Diabetes Support July 11th 10am * Weight Management Club July 21st 11am BPCC.
- "50 Shades of Cabernet" by Authors in Your Own Backyard, July 25th 1:45 pm BPCC.
- Interesting American Women - A Most Popular Activity: On July 27th, Sue Nelson will introduce us to Rachael Carson, Environmental Scientist, author of Silent Spring. 1pm FBC. Must register at 353-3171
- Also in July: Movie:"Hidden Figures", Arts & Crafts - Jewelry & Hat Making & Cooking Classes.
- Health Options Series: Hospice vs. Palliative Care, 10am July 6th FBC (different topic each month)
- Beginner Bridge Group Forming in September on Thursdays at 10am (FBC) Reserve a spot at the table.
We are a virtual center meeting in partner locations: *The Arbors(ARB), Battery Park Christian Church(BPCC), Peter Paul Development Center(PPDC) will meet at 1st African Baptist Church(FBC) June 20 - August 24; SwimRVA in North Chesterfield, Brookdale Imperial Plaza (BIP) and Visual Arts Center of Richmond(VisArts).
Info: SeniorCenterOfGreaterRichmond.org or email us at SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com (SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com)