It’s Happening at The Senior Center of Greater Richmond (Oct 2016)
Senior Center of Greater Richmond
It's Happening at The Senior Center of Greater Richmond
The Senior Center of Greater Richmond is 55 years old and we are having fun. If you are not familiar with us, we have programs at different locations in the Greater Richmond area for independent, Active Adults and Seniors 50 and up. Here is a just a taste of our programs and some of the optional travel programs we have available.
- What is the Senior Center of Greater Richmond? It's Different! Find Out More. "Try Us Out" October 3rd at The ARBORS on Hull Street in South Richmond or on 7th at BP* (See list of locations at bottom of this page). Please Register in Advance.
- Investing - An Introduction. Ann Manalo of Manalo Financial Planning, (BP*) on October 4th. NEW group.
- Wild Autumn Jaunt. Oct. 18th. A one day outing to Nellysford and Wintergreen Mtn., Lunch at the Wild Wolf Brewery and Apple Picking at Carter's Mountain Orchard. $40
- Healthy YOU: October 26th (BIP*). Open to the community. Help us explore domestic violence as it affects older adults and options for folks who are vulnerable.
- 8 Exercise Workshops most weeks (Monday - Exercise Options, Tuesday - Ageless Grace, Thursday - Line Dancing- Chair Exercise-Aquatics Exercise), and Friday-Senior Wellness Workout, all FREE to members). Chair Yoga is $5 at one location on Mondays.
- November Theater Production of "1776" the Musical $39 (Call for Info) Matinee10/12
- Hearing Tests are Scheduled at (BP*) and at Peter Paul Development Center in October & November. Don't miss this free test.
- Diabetes Health Support Group - Every month (BP* and PPDC*).
- Travel is in the Air. New Orleans, Ireland and Costa Rica have just been added to our travel schedule. On the 25th (BP*) at 11am join Collette Tours to hear details of these 2017 - 2018 Trips. The Travel Club also meets on the 25th at 10am.
- Self-Defense Workshop on - October 10th (BP*)
- Conversational Spanish - Refresher on October 7th(BP*).Practice sessions available!
- "The Election Process"- An Overview of the USA Election Process (FBP*) 10/27
- Visit NPR & IdeaStation WCVE and the new Snow Leopards on the 21st $12 plus lunch
- Beginning Computer Class (BP*) $ Knitting Walking Club Discussion Groups
*We are a virtual center meeting in partner locations: The ARBORS(A), Battery Park Christian Church(BP), Peter Paul Development Center(PPDC), Richmond's First Baptist Church(FBC), SwimRVA(SRVA), Brookdale Imperial Plaza (BIP) and Visual Arts Center of Richmond(VisArts). If you want to help out or volunteer with us: Call. 804-353-3171. Info: SeniorCenterOfGreaterRichmond.org or email us at SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com (SeniorCenterRVAgmail [dot] com)
We could be YOUR Senior Center!
Some of Our Upcoming Senior Center Day Travel & Local Opportunities for Active Adults
*Non members add $10. Reservations are firm when full payment is received. Replacements accepted. Refund if canceled by Senior Center of Greater Richmond. Contact Us for Detailed Flyer & Reservation Form