It’s Happening at The Senior Center of Greater Richmond - April 2016
The Senior Center of Greater Richmond is 55 years old and we are having fun. If you are not familiar with us, we have programs at different locations in the Greater Richmond area for independent, active Seniors 50 and up. Here is a just a taste of our April programs and on the back, you will find a list of some of the optional travel programs we have available.
- New to the Senior Center...Try Us Out on April 1st at Battery Park Christian Church (BPCC) in the Fellowship Hall. Find out more about Your Senior Center. Reservations Please. For more information on our "Try Us Out" options, contact us.
- Joy of Wellness: April 30th 9:00am to 2:30pm, Fifth Baptist Church. FREE health and wellness event open to seniors and prime time adults (aged 50 and up). Will focus on: Colon Health, Foot health and Nutrition.
- Healthy YOU: April 27th at 11am. Healthy Living for Brain and Body. A Community event. Reservations for presentation and lunch. Brookdale Imperial Plaza - Auditorium.
- South of the James: Senior Center Meets at Unity of Bon Air for Lunch and Learn on Ageism, Exercise and Writing Your Story Workshop. 12 - 3pm April 11th. 353-3171
- Senior Center at Unity of Bon Air on April 25th 12 - 3pm: Lunch & Learn, Music, Exercise and Container Gardens ($). Call to reserve a spot and a garden kit.
- Dancing at the Jig (Rigby's Jig). April 6th & April 20th.Community Fun! Lesson/Dance $5
- 8 Exercise Workouts most weeks: Monday - Chair Yoga ($), Tuesday - Ageless Grace, Thursday - Line Dancing- Chair Exercise-Aquatics Exercise, Friday-Senior Wellness Workout, Walking Clubs and Dance$. Most are Free to Members. Get Started, TODAY!
- Elder Grief Support - Change and more can result in grief...we talk about it. April 19th.
- Diabetes Health Support Group - April 12th at 10:30am, Battery Park CC Fellowship Hall.
- Conversational Spanish - April 1st - Battery Park Christian Church at 2:15pm $
- Chronic Disease Self-Management: 6 Session Course starts on April 7th. Register for this FREE workshop series.
- The Valentine History Projects "Please Enjoy the Show" on April 14th and "Powhatan Indians" on April 22nd at Battery Park
- Just Lunch. St. Paul's Episcopal Church. Jazz with Debo Dabney. April 13th at 12 noon. Lunch is $10
- CATCH Healthy Habits- More Nutrition. Tuesday, April 5th at 10:30. Battery Park.
- Day Trip: Hampton Fishing Trip, June 24th $60
- Day Trip: Thomas Jefferson, His Home and His University. September 14th. $65