Seniors and PrimeTimers at the Senior Center of Greater Richmond are celebrating their birthdays in August. See who's celebrating in August.
- Mondays: Chair Yoga at 11am with Celine Burn at St. Stephens Church.
- Mondays: Exercise is scheduled in the afternoon at Unity of Bon Air on Monday, August 8th & 22nd.
- Tuesdays: Walking Club. Ageless Grace with Sharon Brewer. Keep your joints lubricated and moving, at Battery Park Christian Church in the Fellowship Hall.
In September, we will have a new series of four Conversational Workshops. Take the next step in expanding vocabulary and conversing with others in Spanish. Lisa Zajur of the Spanish language and Culture Institute will be taken you to the next level. The series is: $25 for members and $40 for non-members, payable at the first session. Please Register for this class in advance and let us know if you are a beginner or have some class experience. Beginner PLUS Level.
Our Charlottesville trip has open seats on our luxury coach. This tour focuses on Thomas Jefferson starting with his University, University of Virginia, at the Rotunda and Academic Village and then moves to Monticello for lunch and a tour of Jefferson's home. Following a guided tour of the home, participants can choose to take a Walking Slavery Tour, a visit to the Gardens or related films in the Welcome Center.
Senior Safety Day 2016 will offer 12 workshops for community participants at our 2nd Annual Senior Safety Day RVA. Prime timers from Richmond, Chesterfield, Henrico, Goochland, Powhatan, Hanover, New Kent, Charles City and Louisa will join us for a day of information, fun, food and resources. Participants choose their workshops in advance and register in advance for planning purposes.
Join us August 17, 2015, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., for our Second Annual Senior Safety Day at First Baptist Church in Richmond, VA for a day filled with resources for active area seniors on safety and security. You can be a sponsor or vendor at the Second Annual Senior Safety Day 2016 by selecting a sponsorship level of your choice:
- July 9th Hanover Tomato Festival - Pole Green Park, Hanover
- July 1st - September 30th RVA Trolley History Tour 343-1850
- July 1st - August 31st Dogwood Dell Festival of Arts, Byrd Park 646-1031
- Through July 23rd The Hallelujah Girls, Swift Creek Mill Theater 748-5203
- July 27th & July 28th Chincoteague Pony Swim (27th) & Auction (28th)
- July 26th - August 16th Washington Redskins Training Camp, 2401 W. Leigh Street, Richmond
On July 29th, we will have an interim Spanish workshop. In September or October, we have another series of 4 classes to take us to the next level. Each of the interim workshops is $5. An early dinner is planned this month on the 29th after our workshop. Let us know you are coming by phone or email. Register.
Many of our activities and programs are self-explanatory but some might need a little explanation:
Our schedule at Unity of Bon Air will change a bit this month, this month due to church activities. We will meet on the 18th and the 25th, starting each with a Lunch & Learn.
* July 18th: we will explore "Humor-Share the JOY" (12 noon), Chair Yoga with Turi (1pm), and at 2pm the River City Ukuleles will join us for a sing-a-long. Senior Center Members and Community Friends welcome with advance registration.